| Beans, garbanzo, low-sodium|
|1-1/4 #10 cans|
|Oil, olive or vegetable||1/4 cup|
|Pepper, red or cayenne||3/4 teaspoons|
| Rosemary, fresh, chopped|
|1/3 cup 1 tablespoon|
|Rosemary, dried (optional)||1/8 cup 1 teaspoon|
- Rinse and drain chickpeas very well in strainer.
- Layer chickpeas on parchment lined sheet pan. Cover chickpeas with another sheet of parchment paper to dry.
- Pat gently to remove excess water.
Optional: chickpeas can be stored in cooler overnight to dry on pan.
- Remove chickpeas from cooler and toss chickpeas with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
Roast at 350° F for 30-40 minutes, until chickpeas are golden brown and rattle when shaking the baking sheet.
- Transfer the roasted chickpeas to a bowl and toss with rosemary, if using.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (0.25cup)Calories: 106 kcal | Fat: 5 g | Saturated fat: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 4 g
This recipe has not been tested or standardized by Healthy School Recipes. The outcome, allergen information, and nutrient data may vary depending on the specific ingredients and equipment used in your location.